Cult/Mish/Joke

Talks about tour dates upcoming and past

Re: Cult/Mish/Joke

Postby Lord Mureth » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:19 pm

@ Renny: Ex-fucking-zactly! \8-)\
Lord Mureth

Postby scotty 2 tees » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:08 pm

In some ways it will be good for them,different audience,new album to promote,and there alongside 2 of the biggest goth/rock bands in history.Killing Joke will be very well recieved i think,not like motley crew gig.\
I mean of all the other bands that could have got the spot,I think KJ will be brilliant for the gigs.might make some serious cash aswel. Ive heard lately in an interview,that its not gonna happen unless the band reach a majority vote about it,so it might not even happen,we,ll see. \:D\
scotty 2 tees

Postby cyrilgrey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:33 am

i'd also be curious just to see them in a larger than normal venue just to see what it is like (maybe the reason they're doing it)
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby renny » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:28 am

£42.25 !!!!!!!\
\
that's a pound a minute lol
renny

Postby Werewolf32 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:35 am

If KJ don't do a warm up gig in England, I will go to Wembley.
Werewolf32

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Killing joke live talent wise should the headliner. Here in the states the cult would have a hard time filling a small venue. Ive seen them twice live. 1985 Aheadliner and then as an opener in the 1990s they sounded horrible both times and were extrememly boring as a live act. I dont live in the uk. But wouldnt they have an amazingly difficult time selling more than a few thousand tix? whembly is huge a place for mega bands say like U2?
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:50 am

Post Mortem thought...don't really mean to dish the cult, some bands don't necessarily bring the same quality and art to the live table. \
Some bands sing better in the shower! Dreamtime, Love, Electric, and then The Cult-Cult 1994, ane great records! Love em and fondle them!!!!
LSDMOFRO

Postby tricky1963 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:22 pm

This is SO disappointing.\
\
I couldn't think of 2 more inappropriate bands to be behind on a bill, as KJ are more seriously relevant than either.\
The Cult were once good I admit but are a bit rtro now, whereas the Mission were always a joke band.\
\
Added to that, the thought of sitting down like a fan of a boy band, miles away from the stage is just not waht seeing KJ is about. Last time I saw them was at Sheffield Corporation - right at the front and squashed within an inch of my life. I wouldn't have it any other way !
tricky1963

Postby Lord Mureth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:41 pm

New Model Army would have been a far, far better act to go on a joint headliner with; one of the few other acts from that era that haven't sold out and aren't stuck in past!
Lord Mureth

Postby Werewolf32 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:02 pm

I do like The Cult's early 'Love' album, especially the tracks 'Hollow Man', 'Phoenix',' Rain', 'She Sells Sanctuary', 'Brother Wolf Sister Moon', and 'Nirvana'. I remember seeing them on BBC's 'Top of the Pops' television programme in the mid 1980s, around the time of KJ's 'Love Like Blood' hit single. I thought that Billy Duffy looked like he was a Geordie clone, with his blonde back combed hair.\
\
Jaz's commentary on Southern Death Cult (The Cult's former name):\
\
"They're all ex-Killing Joke fans. I don't like their music - it's wimpy, it's not got an edge to it. And they lack commitment. They make all these pretentious claims to things they don't know about. They're the kind of people who inspire people to draw pentagrams in attics. Crap nonsense! And as for that bloody wossisname, Ian (Astbury) out of Southern Death Cult, trying to be a Red Indian, well that really makes me laugh.He looks as if he couldn't skin a rabbit, let alone a buffalo, right? They just don't live what they make themselves out to be. Death Cult should be in art college."\
\
- 'New Musical Express', 20th August 1983 \:D\
Werewolf32

PreviousNext

Return to Tours