and bottom of the bill... KILLING JOKE????!!!\
\
11/09/12 Newcastle Metro\
12/09/12 Sheffield Motorpoint\
14/09/12 Manchester Arena\
15/09/12 Birmingham LG arena\
16/09/12 Wembley arena\
\
not QUITE as bad as the Motley Crue tour.... but close!
Lord Mureth

Re: Cult/Mish/Joke

Postby billynoband » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:45 am

Interesting news, I am surprised at the size of the venues. A lot of us saw the Cult last year or so and they are always good, Mission...don't know much about them but Pete Murphy seems to use them as a backing band. If KJ had,nt played with the original line-up for a while then the on-stage order would be wrong. Might go.......depending on ticket prices. I don't do £25 plus quid gig's.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Postby warr » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Oh dear - think I will be busy on those dates.\
\
Killing Joke a support band ? I think not but I guess everyone has to earn a crust.
warr

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Lord Murreth wrote: >not QUITE as bad as the Motley Crue tour.... but close!<\
\
Absolutely. Total Rubbish. But that`s Buissiness. It`s just like the coming Dortmund Show over here...Couple of Newcomers then the Headline Trio: KJ, Phillip Boa (just because he`s from Dortmund) , SAXON . Killing Joke are the far bigger name than Boa, the far more Influential Band than Boring Saxon...(if not influecened them too, in later years)..\
\
for the Tripple UK Tour... \:D\ \:D\ \:D\ The Cult? What a bunch of fucking Twats...boring! Boooring! Plain ROCK MUSIC! Since day one. The Mission...hmmm Poormans Bauhaus if you ask me, ever been...maybe that`s the reason Murphy use to book `em as his backing Group.\
\
Killing Joke...well...without KJ non of the two Bands would excist. DEFFO.\
\
This is what I call: to put the cart before the horse\
\
But that`s Buissiness..and we all know the spirit of KJ..."use èm for your own goods"! as long as these gigs finance the next album... I am fine with it. The rest is idotism and ignorance of the Promotors etc etc.\
\
Footnote: Imagine David Bowie opening shows for Iggy Pop followed by Lou Reed...I mean, you can see what I mean ?!! \:!:\
Mr.Punch

Postby Lord Mureth » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:33 pm

well, I used to love the Mission - have seen them more than any other band - but they've not evolved (at least, in a way my ears like) since 1988 - they've written some great songs, and were amazing live- but nowadays they're just another nostalgia act, and I don't do that thank you very much \:D\ \
\
The Cult were a fucking great live band in 84; a pretty good live band in 85... and then completely fucked it up after that. I've liked some of their recentish stuff, the album from about 10 years ago where they dropped the ACDC shit was okay (Rise? not sure) - and I remember checking out a few videos from their last tour, which only reinforced my opnion that no matter how good the guitars sound, Astbury can't be arsed to sing properly anymore; and hasn't (live) since 87. \
\
Hey ho, still not going! But like Mr Punch says, if it finances the new album... \:lol:\
Lord Mureth

Postby Bulging Eyes » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Never seen the Mission.Saw Cult last year. They were wank. Astbury is a Tosser. Billy Duffy reduced to session player though I enjoy his playing. Fucking Red Indian film shown half way through the gig. Don't these people know that KJ will blow them away? On a positive note it seems a less cynical enterprise than the Crue tour-now they ARE 24 carat wankers.
Bulging Eyes

Postby jonnierocket » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:50 am

Lets hope for a warm up show like Bristol Fleece 2010 !
jonnierocket

Postby billynoband » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:52 pm

So are there smaller rooms at these venues? or will we be rattling around like bearings in a jar in the big rooms.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Postby cyrilgrey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Well I love KJ, I like the Mission and, well, I wouldn't say no to the Cult if they were going to be there anyways (though I only ever liked 2 or 3 of their albums). Certainly, I think the order should be flipped since, as Punch pointed out, KJ paved the way and the other two followed (granted the Southern Death Cult was around when KJ started, but they were playing the same old shite of the day). On the "up" side, KJ fans who couldn't give a toss about the other two won't have to stick around.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby renny » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:26 am

really not sure about this !\
\
after the roundhouse and what I've heard of the new stuff I was hoping for another chance to see them having fully assimilated 'MMXII' - but wembley ? supporting these others ?\
\
I suspect the best that can be hoped for is a 40 minute set away in the distance.\
\
NOT what I was hoping for.....
renny

Next

Return to Tours