US-tour 2016 cancelled

Talks about tour dates upcoming and past

US-tour 2016 cancelled

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:58 pm

The US-tour seems to be cancelled because of health-issues, I'm very sorry for all the US-fans and I just hope, that he will be healthy again soon and that these problems are not too serious...health comes first, man! Who is it..? Link to the original post in FB:
https://m.facebook.com/killingjokeoffic ... 1537084231
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Re: US-tour 2016 cancelled

Postby LSDMOFRO » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:22 am

Well, it was coming up and yes I was bummed but I wasn't quite ready yet for it. It is like going to church and I didn't have my Sunday best dressed like a baptist.

I also got my 73 year old Dad really liking Killing Joke and the messages and the mystic theology. He gets it. He is a man that grew up in the summer of love in San Francisco, experienced the disillusionment, and now is a little bit pissed off about how all the beliefs he held to his heart have been taken over by the Powers that Be.
I get the chance to properly set him up for the electric church of killing joke. I get the proper time to finish In Cynthera and get my exorcism to boot. 2 for 1 deal!!!

While I NEEDED Killing Joke... I think that for me it's a blessing in disguise. I think the next tour in the US will be sparse. I think it was more of a focus group
experiment--all those dates.... OK, where did we sell out...where was there zero ticket sales. Now let's narrow it down. On much of that tour I was able to see what seats were exactly sold and what were not. And oh, the Tour Insurance...well, let's stick a drum stick up the corporate west's ass.
So, I really do look at that grandiose tour as a focus group. And the big shows that were full and seating limited were Chicago, Seattle, Baltimore, a venue in Texas (can't remember which one), LA, Vancouver, Portland...and a one in the Midwest of the US and a couple more on the East Coast. So...fuck it! Weed out the fair weather fans. If you aren't part of the congregation, then go see some reunion band tour bullshit. Killing Joke is serious business. Killing Joke is not for the feint of heart. It's for the select few who actually ponder the subatomic and expanding universe. Go fuck yourself otherwise: You can't get into the electric church with the price of admission. You have to pay your debt with your soul. Then and only then will you hear the hum and worship the Lightbringer!
LSDMOFRO

Return to Tours