Camden show / worst fans

Talks about tour dates upcoming and past

Camden show / worst fans

Postby Bluce_Ree » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:35 am

Fucking hell this band has some cunt fans. In particular the sad old punks who started their own mosh pit at the start of The Wait and drenched me in lager. If that was you in front of Geordie I want you to know it took every bit of control I could muster to not elbow you clean in the spine.

Aside from that it was an alright gig albeit the mix was dreadful so you could only hear Jaz and BPF.
Bluce_Ree

Re: Camden show / worst fans

Postby ~LJ » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:47 am

I'd go along with that Bluce. I was quite close to the front, in front of Youth and I realised that everyone around me had drinks. I started advising them to sup up as there was no way they were going to hang onto them when The Wait started, not where they were standing - so of course the first thing that happens is I get drenched in cider. Two girls were actually proper girly screaming because they were scared and worried about their drinks, ffs don't stand there then, duh!
There were a lot of pissed people who couldn't stay on their feet and a bad fight right by me that took what seemed like ages for the security people to sort out.
The gig itself wasn't too bad, I agree the sound mix wasn't great, you couldn't hear Youth's bass and that's a shame because the bass was massive in Brighton last week. I enjoyed it, and it was a better setlist although could still be a lot more interesting. But I don't know about you, I never think they are stand out gigs in London.
~LJ

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:03 am

Sounds to ME like GATHERERS went to a show with The Beautiful Dead!

LSDMOFRO

Postby bones » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:49 pm

~LJ wrote:I agree the sound mix wasn't great, you couldn't hear Youth's bass and that's a shame because the bass was massive in Brighton last week.

You never get the proper sound when you stand up close to the stage. Mostly you get the foldback, which will always be lot of drums so everyone stays in time and loud vocals so the singer can hear himself. If you want a good sound, stand in front of the mixing desk.
BONES
bones

Postby ~LJ » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:38 am

Yes, you are right the optimum place to get a good sound is usually by the mixing desk. I am habitually at the front though, so my experience of the sound is relative to my baseline of always being in the same ish place which gives me a good comparison gig to gig.
On Friday at Camden. my friend who was by the mixing desk said that after 3 songs one of KJ''s crew (Dave I think) came running up to the sound guy going mental, shouting at him flashing his hand torch, and then ran back shouting 'FUCKING HELL!!' so I don't think the band were happy either with the sound, possibly why they didnt come back on for encore for a good 10 mins.
~LJ

Return to Tours