Opening for G'n'R

Talks about tour dates upcoming and past

Opening for G'n'R

Postby Lennonka » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:21 am

Information appeared on the official FB site that KJ will be playing with Guns N' Roses on their NOT IN THIS LIFETIME tour but only in Gdansk, Poland + Hannover, Germany.
At first, I thought it was an April joke but then I checked the official GnR website and there it was! (http://www.gunsnroses.com/tour)

It pisses me off because I am going to the gig in Prague where KJ won't play. AAARGH!

I hope that at least some of you can grasp this opportunity and have a great time.
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Re: Opening for G'n'R

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Brings hopefully enough dosh to realize/finishing the Great Gathering Vinyl Pledge Project and the symphonic stuff.

Slash is ok I think,so was Izzy and so might be Duff,but this arrogant talentless Prangster Axl "WAR" (what an intelligent gimmic ha ha ha ) Rose...narr not worse even a lousy penny!
And I wouldn`t bet...but somehow,Jaz might disapear overnight telling nobody...and then that was it with opening for GnRs... 8-) :lol:

Far more important : http://www.eventim.de/Tickets.html?affi ... p=1&xtcr=1

Michael? Bochum???
Mr.Punch

Postby Michael » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Punch, of course!!!! Thank you very much for the hint!! Best news for a long time :-)
Lennonka, when I've read your post I've been reminded of the Motley Cruel-desaster years ago...but you've shown, that there seem to be people, who like KJ AND Gnr. Do you really think, that both bands fit? I hope for KJ, that they won't be booed off the stage.
Hm, is this my worst English ever....long time no practice...
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Lennonka » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Punch, hell yeah!
And they're even coming to Brno, my hometown, after like 13 years! I'm sooo excited!!!
(For others, there's also a gig in Warszawa, check it out.)

Michael, I totally like both these bands but it was weird even for me to hear about this, well, "union" :) and could I see KJ opening for GnR, I would be really curious about the reaction of the crowd to KJ, I cannot imagine it. However, I believe if our guys are in as a great musical form as the last year, they stand a pretty good chance to win the crowd over.

Concerning GnR, I'm going to see them with a half of my family who were telling me about the last show they saw in Prague, that it was a disaster, so we all hope that they're gonna be better than the last time. (Still, a great opportunity for me to have a great time with my family.)
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Michael » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:35 am

Lennonka, have a great time with your family and Axl Pose then! :-)
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:52 pm

My G 'N R confession to the Gatherer Congregation: I saw Guns and Roses open for the Cult at the Paramount in Seattle WA before Appetite for Destruction was released. They were unknown in America, except for LA. After seeing them live... I shortly saw the release of the LP ( a month? 6 weeks?) at my small local record shop. On when I first encountered G 'N R at the Paramount; The Cult was not a very good live band...no energy whatsoever. They really sucked and I was disappointed. So was everyone else in the audience that night. In contrast, G and R completely blew them off the stage and yet no-one even knew who they were? But they rocked. And had this mean punk LA attitude. So, subsequently, over the next month...after owning Appetite for Destruction, I made a cassette tape from my newly purchased LP and played it on my Sears Hi-Powered Car Stereo. All my friends who took a ride in my old Mercury thought, man, who are these guys? They Rock! So...for about a whole year...I slowly turned friends on to the band. It really wasn't for about 12 to 18 months that the hits of the record made it to radio. By then...though proud that i had a keen ear and eye...I sort of despised the new hysteria of a rock n roll band called Guns 'n Roses!? Did I feel cheated in some egocentric teenage way? I suppose I did. I had burned up all the fuel as I played them to death prior to them becoming popular in Seattle, WA. I was jealous that no-one (which is completely ludicrous) said, I was "ahead" of the times. But also, subsequently, I was disappointed because they really didn't come out with any new "new" material. Most of what came out after their 1st record were leftovers, B-sides, etc. Fame had caused them to run amok amongst I suppose drugs and alcohol. And I was a bit pissed in a teenage silent temper tantrum. I remember thinking that "the masses" were a bit ignorant and stupid. Now that I think back upon that time, I likely was just jealous and envious. But it REALLY bothered me that they became popular. It was my own insecurity, but also it bothered me G N R became popular-- the press---and current culture were saying how widely influential they were to music... yet I found their music completely passé. As years and years passed, I found Axl Rose just an asshole and my resentment for the band grew further. And I found him to be no Bon Scott. His vocals were limited, he was riding fame from one great record when he was young and he did not show the lungs nor the lyrical talent of the late great Bon Scott. So, I came to hate G 'n R even more. And especially, Axl Rose. He was still receiving such accolades as a mover and shaker...a groundbreaking musician...and for whatever reasons( my own insecurities), I really came to despise him. Now that I'm older, I don't despise him nor do I care. Maybe he is a primadonna? Maybe he isn't? I just don't care. But I don't hate, i'm older and wiser now. And 2 years ago I had the pleasure to see Duff's band live in Seattle, opening for Mike McCready's charity show and UFO tribute. I thought Duff was really good. He really impressed me. I do hope Killing Joke puts on a fantastic set and blows the nostalgic G 'n R audience away! I think they have 1000x more talent and musicianship then G 'n R...but I'm also thankful that G 'n R are exposing Killing Joke to a broader audience and I hope they too have a great show. That's really all I have to say! I'm confessing!!!! Forgive me for what I do not know! Amen, Oh Great Gatherer Congregation!
LSDMOFRO

Return to Tours