Killing Joke Singles Collection 1979 - 2012

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

Re: Killing Joke Singles Collection 1979 - 2012

Postby centrala » Sat May 11, 2013 12:43 am

Little offtopic Jaz said in one of youtube video interwiev that he didint now about the singles collection reelese before it was annouced its not good news . \
Maybe thats the reason for trackilist of record store day single ... \
They annouced new album in 2014 , they already had some tracks , they would earn more and fans would be pleased if they would put one new track on single . Also the rarities cd with 10 songs .\
I'm really disappointed i thougt that not only diehard fans also will got other songs like aeon with violin (even the "ravings of jaz" would be cool to put ther \:lol:\ ) . \
But you know its killng joke so ...
centrala

Postby PsychoMan » Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 pm

cyrilgrey wrote:Four Stations of the Sun is a different version than the one floating around for, like, forever. It sounds so nice, all produced and nicely mixed. I never disliked the song, but I always thought it was too similar to Another Bloody Election, but this new version sounds distinct enough that its a real head-scratcher why they left it off.
\
\
I think it's the same as the "leaked" version, but speed corrected. The version on The Singles Collection is about 25 seconds longer, because it runs slower. And I agree.. it's really great to hear this one finally in good quality, because it's one of my favorite "forgotten" KJ tracks.\
\
I want to cry after hearing the versionb of Hollywood Babylon they threw on there. I love HB, and I thought they were just going to extend the intro. It sounded so promising when it first started- no sampled audience, a nice moody synth, but then as it progresses I found out it is actually a full on remix, and a terrible one at that. I can't even listen to it anymore, it hurts too much.
\
\
Couldn't have said it better.\
\
I'll save my opinions on Feast of Fools and Sixth Sun except to say that website really had no business posting the best song of the 3 (Timewave) and setting up expectations like that. It is interesting to hear how some songs evolve though.
\
\
They really sound like rough sketches / demos. Also agreeing with Punch: Good the chorus of "Feast..." found it's place in "Penny Drops", which is an excellent song in my opinion.\
\
All the other stuff: I already have laying around. I bought the Freispiel soundtrack and most 90s CD-Singles / Maxis on ebay, amazon marketplace, rebuy etc. for a few Euros. The other stuff (Ravings of Jaz!?!? \:lol:\ ) I'm not that interested in to be honest. This time I didnt really follow the whole Pledge thing around the Singles Collection box set, so I may not be up to date. Do you really have to buy the £ 226 box to get the "complete" rarities disc!?
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Postby Bulging Eyes » Fri May 17, 2013 2:45 am

Timewave- Kali Kali Kali\
\
Depthcharge- Accelerate, Accelerate
Bulging Eyes

Postby Bulging Eyes » Fri May 17, 2013 8:53 am

The A sides is a beautiful journey. The A and B sides would have been \
a longer , more rewarding trip. Box set?
Bulging Eyes

Postby cyrilgrey » Sun May 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Mr.Punch wrote:Still hoping that the original Tracklisting (with Youth& Jaz chantings etc etc is saved for the Box Set...otherwise it`ll be very dissapointing to cut down rarities to ten songs onlöy whereas the other two discs are going up to 16+ Tracks...well it`s KJ we know it...
\
\
\
If they alter the boxset in any way other than adding new stuff, I will raise holy hell. I'm already pissed that I've laid out all this money and still have fuck all to show for it while the people who saved money and bought the 3 disc set are already groovin' to unreleased songs and stuff, and everytime I get a message from Pledge, it seems like they are progressing backwards. I'm now told I can expect the damn thing sometime in mid-June? How do it go from April to June? I've saved all the info and all the messages to keep track of this clusterfuck so if they do screw us in anyway, we can go after them. Sorry for the rage, but I'm really losing my zen with Pledge music and their constant delays- the system obviously does not work. Artists need to stop selling through Pledge. I don't care if Pledge is only the middle-man and the artists are the ones to blame for delays- the fact is if you don't have the item ready to sell, you should not be selling it. And the real sin is the fact that there is nothing new on this thing so no one had to finish mixing or anything- It has all existed for years now, they just need to package it and send it out. ffs
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby cyrilgrey » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 pm

I recieved my boxset today. I'm very disappointed with it. Nowhere near the same level of care they put into Chaos for Breakfast and so much more expensive. The artwork on several of the reproductions is too dark and the silk screening on the discs is very shoddy. Sorry to sound like I'm bitching, but at this price, for something that is solely a collection piece, I really think we deserved a complete labour of love, not some shoddy half-effort. This will be the last time I buy through Pledge. Fan's should have been able to see the final product before buying something like this.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Si511 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:41 pm

I do agree, I would of carried on from where Chaos for breakfast left off and had separate releases say 1982 to 1988 Empire song to My love of this land, 1990 to 2003 and then the newer stuff in a few years time. There are 3 CD singles of only 1 track? seems a bit pointless to me and the that silly cigar tube! - The price could of been drastically reduced if a bit more thought had gone into it. Saying that the recordings sound excellent and i have enjoyed reading through the book - but 216 QUID! ever get the feeling you've been cheated??? Ah!
Si511

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 pm

So I can see your points mates...and I am not an official KJ speaker...just a follower for almost their career span...\
\
If you`re into KJ...accept it! \
\
Whatever you`re expecting...all over the years..turned out different..innit? That`s part of the act! KJ! It was my bloddy decission to afford 300+ Euros...and I was aware what to expect...a KJ Product...otal chaos..total disapointment..whatsoever...but: WE DO KNOW THIS! ITS KJ! So ...Sorry...no offensive meaning..but...confirm your worst fears!
Mr.Punch

Postby romero » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:31 am

cyrilgrey wrote:I recieved my boxset today. I'm very disappointed with it. Nowhere near the same level of care they put into Chaos for Breakfast and so much more expensive. The artwork on several of the reproductions is too dark and the silk screening on the discs is very shoddy. Sorry to sound like I'm bitching, but at this price, for something that is solely a collection piece, I really think we deserved a complete labour of love, not some shoddy half-effort. This will be the last time I buy through Pledge. Fan's should have been able to see the final product before buying something like this.
\
\
Were there any further extra tracks on the rarities disc, as opposed to the ones on the 'normal' release?
romero

PreviousNext

Return to Records