Killing Joke Singles Collection 1979 - 2012

Postby romero » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Still no video collection though...\
\
http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58185.htm
romero

Re: Killing Joke Singles Collection 1979 - 2012

Postby romero » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:19 pm

...oh, and they'll be doing some gigs in support of it. So they'll be playing 'America' and 'Adorations' then? \:lol:\
romero

Postby scotty 2 tees » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:34 pm

lets hope it stays 10 quid,I like the idea of unreleased 3rd disk,lets hope it goes ahead. \:)\
scotty 2 tees

Postby centrala » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:30 pm

I need a track list of 3 cd \:D\\
Anarchy chaos ,future shock ,wardance with big paul on voc \:twisted:\ ?
centrala

Postby Michael » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Aaand now....something completely different!\
Pledgemusic and the super-deluxe-edition of the Singles Collection:http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/killingjoketsc?utm_campaign=project5875&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pledgemusic\
\
"The Singles Collection\
The only place to get hold of the super-deluxe edition of the new career-spanning retrospective: The Singles Collection.\
\
Gatherers\
\
Welcome to our new project via Spinefarm / Universal in conjunction with PledgeMusic.\
\
On Monday 15 April 2013, the new Killing Joke album The Singles Collection will be released. As the title suggests, the album is a document of our single releases from the start of the band right up to the present date.\
\
The super-deluxe version of the album is a very special release, available to pre-order here in limited quantities and something that we have worked closely with our label to create and bring together.\
\
The super-deluxe limited edition package includes:\
\
- a hand-numbered hinge lid ‘cigar box’ made from 1500mcn black lined rigid board finished with matt print retrospective artwork;\
\
- a 33 career spanning CD singles plus select B-Sides in full colour card wallets featuring original artwork;\
\
- a rarities disc including previously unreleased studio tracks;\
\
- a 32 page perfect bound book including rare photos, archive notes, band commentary;\
\
- a poster designed and hand signed by long time Killing Joke artist, Mike Coles, printed on 250gsm silk art;\
\
- an aluminium screw top branded cigar tube containing original wrappers of cigars smoked by Jaz Coleman and Paul Raven during the recording of ‘Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell’.\
\
Gatherers will be able to pre-order The Singles Collection super-deluxe box set for a limited period, only via PledgeMusic, and with the closing date for orders (to allow for manufacture) being Monday 4th February 2013.\
\
All orders will need to be signed for on receipt.\
\
Jaz Coleman, Geordie Walker, Youth, Paul Ferguson.\
London, 2012" End of quote.\
\
The super deluxe edition is....216 GBP (sorry, this is no joke! \:o\ ) My question is: What's this damn cigar-wrapper-thing...are they giving it away, because Jaz gave up smoking (congrats, Jaz, I'll have to do this, too!)? Who needs his old ones...? Has he collected all wrappers in the last 10 years? How many do they have left oft these in stock... \:?:\ Ok, serious again now:\
One interesting thing is, that you can download 5(!) unreleased tracks for a fiver, so I guess this could be the content of the third CD (more an EP...) Hm...Silent Rage, Future Shock...what else? Both are great songs, btw.
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby romero » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 pm

It's getting a bit silly now.
romero

Postby Michael » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:20 pm

yesss
Michael

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Indeed! Jesus Christ. What is it about those Cigar Wrappers??? They were on with Jaz Letters from Cythera...guess wot? Nobody did pledge for them. Now it`s on again? I can only speak for myself...but hey put something in a special box that`s interresting...maybe handwritten lyrics if yer like...photos OK! Poster by Colsey Hooray..but ffs WOT SIZE????\
\
OK, to pick it up again..it seems NOBODY wants this used and USELESS Cigar Wrappers!End of the story!What comes in next? Used socks??? from the reunion Tour 2008?? At least not for 216 fucking pounds! What was the Chaos for Breakfast? 34 €s probably? Can`t remember...but there were Photos incl. rarities and wonderfull packed! \
\
I am a total maniac and ready to buy each and anything to support `em...but this is deffo a bloddy rip-off. OK honeys..I`ll buy the SC...for 216 Pounds...gimme 5 discs on heavy weight vinyl in extra ordinary colours..a Din A 0 Poster...some Photos and a Booklet with UNTOLD Stories..I`d even pay 300 quit! But...narr not for CDs. For the actual "special Edit. Box" I`d pay max. 60 €s\
\
We`re all lovers of the Band and GATHERERS praised as people with intellect and spirit...hey KJ...I think, if you`d come up with the nowadays frustrating truth:"We would need 10.000 to produce the next album and go on Tour etc etc...are you willing to support"...you`would wonder how fast you`re delivered...but don`t sell us FAKES !We`re intelligent people , right!!\
\
BTW: I am generally an optimistic guy...probably this Project will result in a new Pledge Option till February which might say: Pledge wot you think it`s worth it! \:)\
Mr.Punch

Postby Amalgam » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Why not a Chaos for Breakfast II box featuring the singles that followed after Follow the Leaders?\
How silly is it to have yet another release with Wardance and Requiem? They're on the first album and the Chaos box already.\
There are still some singles with sleeve designs by Colesy which would look nice as replicas.\
\
Empire Song/Brilliant\
Chop-Chop/Good Samaritan\
Birds of a Feather/Flock the b-Side/Sun Goes Down\
Let's All Go/Dominator-version/Fall of Because-live\
Me or You?/Feast of Blaze/Wilful Days.\
\
I also like the single design for "A New Day", even though it was done by Big Paul.\
But the Eighties single was another Colesy sleeve, with a re-appearance of Mr Punch from the Debut single.\
In fact, these two singles would be an okay alternative for the first two in this list because those are album tracks anyway (as is the b-side Brilliant on the latest version of Revelations). So there you go, let's have a Chaos II box with Birds uptil Eighties, five nice single replicas! And some paper inserts including the pictures of Empire Song and Chop-Chop because they are fun.\
\
And to make things more interesting let's have a live gig on each disc from the time when that single was introduced to the public! There are plenty of very listenable live recordings from the period '82-'84 which deserve attention. Larry's Hideaway and The Brixton Ace in '82. Leicester '83, New Year's Day 1984 and even Roskilde '84 are recordings far more interesting than several of the ones from those bootleg vinyl archive volumes.
Amalgam

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Here it is, the tracklist of the "Super Deluxe Edition" taken from pledgemusic http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/killingjoketsc/updates/16170:\
\
That tracklisting in full:\
\
SINGLES DISCS\
\
1) Nervous System / Turn To Red\
\
2) War Dance / Pssyche\
\
3) Requiem / Change\
\
4) Follow The Leaders / Tension\
\
5) Empire Song / Brilliant\
\
6) Chop-Chop / Good Samaritan\
\
7) Birds of A Feather / Flock The BSide\
\
8) Let’s All Go (To The Fire Dances) / Dominator\
\
9) Me Or You? / Wilful Days\
\
10) Eighties / Eighties (Coming Mix)\
\
11) A New Day / Dance Day\
\
12) Love Like Blood / Blue Feather (Version)\
\
13) Kings And Queens / The Madding Crowd (Remixed By Killing Joke)\
\
14) Adorations / Exile\
\
15) Sanity / Goodbye To The Village\
\
16) America / Jihad\
\
17) My Love Of This Land / Darkness Before Dawn\
\
18) The Beautiful Dead\
\
19) Money Is Not Our God / North Of the Border\
\
20) Exorcism (Live In King’s Chamber Cairo, Aug 1993 Mix) / Whiteout (The Intellect Is Ugly Remix) (Mandragora Edit\
\
21) Millennium (Cybersank Edit) / Millennium (Cybersank Extended Remix)\
\
22) Pandemonium (Cybersank Edit) / Pandemonium (Cybersank Extended Remix)\
\
23) Jana / Jana (Dragonfly Mix)\
\
24) Democracy (Album Mix) / Mass\
\
25) Loose Cannon / Wardance (ultimate version)\
\
26) Seeing Red (edit) / Seeing Red (Jagz Kooner Remix w/vox)\
\
27) Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell (Radio Edit) / Afterburner (Alternative Version)\
\
28) In Excelsis / Kali Yuga\
\
29) European Super State (edit) / European Super State (Youth Remix)\
\
30) Fresh Fever\
\
31) Ghosts of Ladbroke Grove / Ghosts of Ladbroke Grove (Dub)\
\
32) In Cythera (Edit) / Penny Drops\
\
33) Corporate Elect / New Uprising / In Cythera (Bloody Beetroots Remix)\
\
RARITIES\
\
1) ‘Transient Place’\
From ‘Freispiel: The Soundtrack’.\
\
2) ‘Zennon’\
B-side of ‘Loose Cannon’ single.\
\
3) ‘Drug’\
From the ‘Mortal Kombat’ soundtrack.\
\
4) ‘Hollywood Babylon’ (longer intro mix)\
From the ‘Showgirls’ soundtrack.\
\
5) ‘Our Last Goodbye’\
From the ‘Free The Memphis 3’ album.\
\
6) ‘Sixth +Sun’\
Unreleased track from the ‘Absolute Dissent’ sessions.\
\
7) ‘Wardance’ (Naval Mix).\
\
8) ‘Requiem’ (Acapella Mix).\
\
9) ‘Pandemonium’ (Aotearoa Mix)\
Full-length.\
\
10) ‘Four Stations Of The Sun’\
Studio version\
\
11) ’Feast Of Fools’ (rough mix)\
\
12) ‘iBuy’ – with Tim Burgess.\
Track for Classic Rock collaborations CD.\
\
13) ‘Timewave’ (rough mix)\
\
14) Jaz & Youth Shamanic Ritual Live in the King’s Chamber Giza Pyramid\
(Pre-recording vocals for 3.Pandemonium).\
\
15) ‘Ravings of Jaz’\
(A conversation on philosophy between Youth & Jaz circa 2003).\
\
16) ‘Intellect’ (feat. Aboud Abdel Al)\
Track from ‘Democracy’ (previously unreleased version featuring this celebrated violin player).\
\
Great to see some of the unreleased stuff of the AD-outtakes!
Michael

Next

Return to Records