New live album out soon

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

New live album out soon

Postby Bulging Eyes » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:03 pm

New live album out soon- details to follow. Hopefully it will not be a re-vamp of Hammersmith!!!!
Bulging Eyes

Re: New live album out soon

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:26 pm

As long as there`s no DVD included to show the Colsey Projections and Vids..it will in a kind revamp Hammersmith...there`s no big difference between the two Set lists as far as I can see....
Mr.Punch

Postby Amalgam » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Don't worry. It'll be a re-issue of the Hammersmith package. Same story as the live at the Forum one. Why would there be yet another live album? They don't even play anything post-AD, so what's the point? \
Unless it's the Hammersmith or Top Rank show from '82 from a soundboard source they don't need bother AFAIC.\
\
It's really sort of funny that for many years all we had was the HA! live EP and "Fall of Because - live" from the "Fire Dances" EP.\
Now there are so many KJ live albums I'd almost forget how exited I used to be to find bootleg LPs at Record Fairs and to receive rare live tapes in the mail. The sound quality wasn't always that great, but the feeling of having something special was.
Amalgam

Postby romero » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 am

The Hammersmith gig has already been re-packaged and flogged cheaply (suckered again!):\
\
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-At-Hammersmith-Apollo-16-10-2010/dp/B004H53FRE/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1312619895&sr=1-3\
\
The new live album will be the Royal Festival Hall concert.
romero

Postby Bulging Eyes » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:58 am

It is. More KJ to buy. \
I still am severely hacked off about the missing songs from The Gathering gig.That would be a fucking peach to get hold of.
Bulging Eyes

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Amalgam wrote:Don't worry. It'll be a re-issue of the Hammersmith package. Same story as the live at the Forum one. Why would there be yet another live album? They don't even play anything post-AD, so what's the point? \
Unless it's the Hammersmith or Top Rank show from '82 from a soundboard source they don't need bother AFAIC.\
\
It's really sort of funny that for many years all we had was the HA! live EP and "Fall of Because - live" from the "Fire Dances" EP.\
Now there are so many KJ live albums I'd almost forget how exited I used to be to find bootleg LPs at Record Fairs and to receive rare live tapes in the mail. The sound quality wasn't always that great, but the feeling of having something special was.
\
\
\
Yeah, I agree. But I can only repeat my mantra again and again and again...then were the times where Bands could make a living from their Studio/Album sales at all...these days...and thanks again to the younger generation it´s impossible. AD (sic. B.P. Fergouson: has sold poor, tho massive promotion) means as i can imagine, sales were beneath 1000 bloddy copies if ever, but I guess 20.000 illigal Downloads minimum. So the only thing a band can rely to nowadays..is Collectors and Die Hards...going to buy each release..otherwise new releases will dry out forever very very soon.\
What I can`t get is...why no DVD? It would sell even more to the Die Hards (cos of Coplsey`s presentations) and would`nt cost that much more....
Mr.Punch

Postby PsychoMan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:02 pm

All true what you guys are saying. But I'm not sure about the "massive promotion" thing. If I wouldn't have checked the forum here from time to time I would have never found out about the actual release date. Sure there were a few news here and there about it but only in music magazines and some websites / blogs. I think I never saw an advert or something in a printed magazine for AD + to this day I couldn't find the CD in a normal "mainstream" record shop. Some bigger ones like Müller (which is actually a drug store) have the remasters plus KJ 2003 and HFTBOH. Same goes for European Super State... almost everyone I played the song to asked "Wow! Who's that? That's great!"... never heared it on the radio though. This only is my view for the "situation" in Germany. Don't know how well it did in England, France, Czech Republic, Poland etc. In Germany it didn't even enter the album charts.\
\
About the live album... hmm.. I would prefer a live DVD or BR too. But at least they are releasing stuff for the gatheres, as long as it isn't something like "Inside Extremities"... \;)\
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Postby Bulging Eyes » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Has any Joker heard anything about this?
Bulging Eyes

Postby Sapromind » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Only on the official Facebook, but that's probably where you got this from as well?
Sapromind

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Do you really care that much? Another Life Album containing the same as usual? (As said before, I would love to have shivers running down my spine looking forward to a new DVD with Colsey`s Art projected above the Band.)\
\
Far more alarming news: Our very valued member Sir Jon of Chapmannshood...used to write on the Gathering Board, that he`d chatted to Geordie...(sic) "If the new Album ain`t finished by October...it won`t be out before Sept. 2012" (So prob. not March) which might put the Tour Dates into question?!\
\
\
\
Laugh at your peril! \:twisted:\
Mr.Punch

Next

Return to Records