That techno bollocks from Showgirls?\
\
Silent Rage\
\
Never got to the bottom of this.
Bulging Eyes

Re: Odd Tracks

Postby PsychoMan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Believe it or not yesterday I had a similar question in mind. Most of this tracks (all?) feature a drum computer + the KJ 2003 Demos for example, but who is doing the programming and all the stuff? Is it Jaz himself or maybe Youth or some other producer?\
\
Hollywood Babylon - http://www.discogs.com/Various-Showgirl ... se/1347857\
Drug - http://www.discogs.com/Various-Mortal-K ... ase/212407\
Our Last Goodbye - Performed by Killing Joke \:lol:\ But I'm pretty sure the spokenword part is Burton C. Bell from Fear Factory
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Re: Odd Tracks

Postby cyrilgrey » Sun May 01, 2011 1:12 am

strange synchronicities going on here. The other day I was riding my bike and Hollywood Babylon came on and I spent the entire rest of the ride thinking how unusual a song it was for KJ and, more so, how non-Geordie sounding the lead guitar part is. And I wondered about the drums as well-- I love the song because it is so not typical Killing Joke, but I really would love to know the whole story on that one-- was it written for the soundtrack or was it an abandoned Pandemonium track that the revamped? \
\
Drug sounds like a leftover from Democracy and, if I recall correctly, it was written on the songlist that you can see on the inside of the Democracy booklet, so I'm guessing that was the same line up as the rest of the album.\
\
I read somewhere that Silent Rage, Future Shock, and Loose Cannon demos were just Jaz and Geordie and electronics.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Return to Records