Inspiration for Love Like Blood

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

Inspiration for Love Like Blood

Postby Icen Killin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:29 am

Hi People\
\
Does anyone know the title of the book that inspired the lyrics to Love Like Blood, I remember reading it in an interview a few years ago and I think it was a Japanese author...\
\
Has anyone read it.....?\
\
Cheers
Icen Killin

Re: Inspiration for Love Like Blood

Postby Amalgam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:49 pm

The author is Yukio Mishima.\
\
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukio_Mishima\
\
Don't know for sure which book was an inspiration. It may have been Spring Snow.
Amalgam

Postby Icen Killin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:29 am

Amalgam.......thanks very much for your reply, it was Spring Snow, I'm half-way through it now.\
\
The author was from the Samurai tradition, as you probably know, and on completion of the cycle of books, he took his own life with the Samurai sword.\
\
Hence the Samurai sword on the cover of the single.......
Icen Killin

Postby Amalgam » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 pm

And there's also a film about that man called "Mishima: A Life In Four Chapters" directed by Paul Schrader. I've seen it a while ago and I must say it was not a particulary exiting film. Maybe it was different in 1985, but if you look at it today you may find it pretty slow and long-winded. There's a radio interview Jaz did back in '85 while they were touring in Japan and in it he talked about his admirance for Japanese writers ( I'm sure some of you guys out there must have it somewhere).\
If you'd ask me I'd say that Mishima was a bit of a lonely fool who was pissing in the wind with his dreams of reviving the old ways of the samurai. Had he decided not to Seppukku himself he might have had a role in the fabled Shogun series featuring Richard Chamberlain, some ten years later. Alas.
Amalgam

Return to Records