NIGHTTIME

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

NIGHTTIME

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:17 pm

I think we left this one out...donwe? (Forgive me if I`m wrong, but cannot find it on here..and beeing on Forums since years...I`m slightly losing the plot, what has been and what not..K? ) We`re talking for ages about OTG..etc...but the missing link, the TIMEWAVE was Nightime,was`nt it?\
\
When I first heard LLB..I was so f...disapointed...Jeez can`t tell how much...the same Band that wrote What´s this for...! Coming along witha typical 80s dancetune..Bass & Drums upfront...shivverin` lala lala lal la laaa Refrain...Narr!!!\
\
But anger goes by...and as a hunter and collector I finaly bought the album...and hey! Not that bad! OK compere to the 1st holy threes it still was a let down..but Tabazan or Darkness pretty quick grew on me...although..even till today... the clean sound and Jaz`soft Voice...is a kinda different band..\
\
but in the end, Nighttime was the turning point,either they wanted to progress..or the money and coke and sweet smell of succes were calling...no, not at that point..this came later..again in Berlin...with Brighter...but Punk and anger were deffinately left behind...and TOTP came to fruition...KJ PIn Ups....?\
\
PS: The first ever TV Appereance on German TV they had with eighties..in a then famous Video Chartshow...LLB made a second one...then I was`nt interrested anymore...either in those Chartshows (Vids were`nt hot news anymore) and KJ turned to Pop...imo.\
\
Within time Nighttime became a beloved record of mine....well as part of KJs history and progression...
Mr.Punch

Re: NIGHTTIME

Postby Bulging Eyes » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:06 am

I enjoyed Night Time right from the begining.Wasn't sure about the drums on title track though.\
\
Don't like Tabazan that much but I cannot explain why.Europe is great and Darkness.\
\
I also think the cover is one of their best-Jaz in the foreground with an expression of\
of utter despair.\
\
Interestingly,when the Adorations single came out the following year I bought it at HMV\
and I asked the guy at the counter if he had heard it and was it any good.He said it was\
just like LLB!!! Obviously not a fan and also maybe problems with his ears too. \
\
The album that took me 10 years to get into was Revelations.Now it is one of my faves.
Bulging Eyes

Postby Michael » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:15 am

"Forgive me if I`m wrong, but cannot find it on here..and beeing on Forums since years...I`m slightly losing the plot, what has been and what not..K?"\
@Ralle: No worries, this is my problem, too: I repeat myself! \:D\ Have I ever told you, that I really love Darkness Before Dawn...? \:o\ \:D\ There's much Pop in that album, but I still love it.
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby NOF » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:28 pm

Bulging Eyes wrote:\
Interestingly,when the Adorations single came out the following year I bought it at HMV\
and I asked the guy at the counter if he had heard it and was it any good.He said it was\
just like LLB!!!
\
\
Well, it is essentially a rewrite of LLB!\
\
A great album, but not one I revisit a terrible lot. I think it's because the production smooths over the crash bang wallop in the balls that songs like Tabazan and Europe need. They sound great on live albums/bootlegs.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby anthony » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 am

just like LLB!!! Obviously not a fan and also maybe problems with his ears too.\
\
\
I think LLB and adorations have only this guitar chord in common, the opening notes of LLB is the first chord of Adorations verses...\
I love Night time, one of my fav with WTF and Extremities, ecxept Multitudes -which could easily be a BTATS track-, the album really moves me, the sound, the song, especially this guitar sound that literally "pierces" me, hard to explain, but this is exactly what i always wanted to hear, far from heavy-metal guitar solo, just rythm and melody...and sounds...
anthony

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Bulging Eyes wrote: "I also think the cover is one of their best-Jaz in the foreground with an expression of\
of utter despair."\
\
Another turning point mentioned here...Jaz` Ego blew up massively* ! Here he`s seen in front of the Band. Next Album he was alone on the front cover...following one ought to be his solo record...Nighttime...the beginning of KJ`s Dark Ages? In my case...yes...(well I think different nowadays..but as I mentioned before..after Nighttime it was realy dark...days then \:(\ \
\
\
\
\
\
*or maybe it was all the record company?
Mr.Punch

Postby Sapromind » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:33 am

You know, I wasn't even born that time, but I think that Fire Dances was that time that Killing Joke came into their dark (or brighter) era. I've read that they were considered arrogant, coke sniffing bastards that time. So amongst the Gatherers that put their faith in the first three albums I think Fire Dances is the beginning of the end... and Night Time is just a next step.
Sapromind

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 pm

They were considered beeing arrogant from day one...
Mr.Punch

Postby NOF » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Mr.Punch wrote:They were considered beeing arrogant from day one...
\
\
An understatement of great proportions.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby cyrilgrey » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 am

Funny that Joy Division, the band that HATED everyone actually liked Killing Joke- well, they said they were OK for Fascists \:D\
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Next

Return to Records