Could Gems of Power Exist?

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

Re: Could Gems of Power Exist?

Postby zoltan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:24 am

The 20.99 cost and release date 31/01/05 must have got changed later as i have found my pay pal reciept\
I was charged £35 (inc £5 p&p) on the 7/10/05\
I recall it origianly being in region of fifty quid but people complained and the price got dropped.\
It states Gems of Power Box set i have the transaction I.D as well. Clearly even at this stage there was no real release date.\
\
Could really do with £35 at the moment.
zoltan

Postby NOF » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Have you tried speaking to a solicitor? If you have the paypal receipt, ask them what your rights are.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby Amalgam » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:17 pm

And I have made a money transfer with Western Union which made, including the transaction fee, a total of 46,50 Euros.\
That was on October 23rd 2004. I remember inquiring about the possibility of reclaiming the payment at some point, but the company couldn't do anything for me. Because of the constant delay of the release date it was as late as july 2007 that I approached Raven about it. He wrote back and apologized for the fuck up and promised to sort it out, and then, dammit, a few months later there was no Paul anymore. Very, very sad indeed. Devilbird Productions US gone to hell. To this day it's unclear who is supposed to put straight this messy business. It's even unclear what Paul's project input consisted of. But if his family doesn't approve of GoP being released, I suppose it's not much of a worthy legacy.
Amalgam

Postby cyrilgrey » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:07 pm

I think that's how they got us; they never said "we're dropping the idea", but rather, they told us it WOULD be out, just not when they initially planned. After a few months of that, most of us just gave up and Paypal only gives you a certain amount of time to file a claim.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:30 pm

To be honest, (despite the fact that loads of familiar Jokeheads were trapped by this..) I never ever thought a single minute to pay for something pre-ordered! Hello! You enter your next local Record store or bigger chains like HMV or so and ask to order it for you. No pre- payments..no nothing.\
\
You see...especially in case of KJ...better wait till it`s on the market!\
\
Finaly, I don`t wanna spoil your fun..but...better forget Gems! It`ll never see the light of the day! IF IT EVER EXCISTED, it has died with Paul!\
\
Jaz mentioned anything compere to Raven in recent interviews..on stage..etc..Gems was never mentioned..so...it`s deffo another brick in the mystic wall of the Joke...\
\
Watch out for the NEW ALBUM! Which is far more important...but don`t pre-pay it...hey \:D\ \:D\ \:D\
Mr.Punch

Postby NOF » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Making excuses for the band, Mr. Punch?\
\
Gems of Power was an utter fiasco. I remember the less than pleasent remarks made about the band around the time of it all. And for good reason. Fact is, they had taken pre orders for an album/whatever and then failed to release it. And quite a few people were not refunded. That is robbery, plain and simple.\
\
Ignore the "another brick in the mystic wall of the Joke" crap and see it for what it is. Swindling fans out of their money.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:05 pm

But it is and will be a mystic brick in the wall...as it won`t see the .light of the day...I`m for sure not excusing a Band that refuses to take anybody serious, not even their Fans.\
\
I just said: Don`t pay for anything promissed! Wait till it`s on the marked! Physically!..Especially in the case of a JOKE! Everybody should know!KJ like their Followers but care less...
Mr.Punch

Postby NOF » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Mr.Punch wrote:\
I just said: Don`t pay for anything promissed! Wait till it`s on the marked! Physically!..Especially in the case of a JOKE! Everybody should know!KJ like their Followers but care less...
\
\
It was available to pre order through the official website. Now, surely in situations like that, you expect some form of professionalism (i.e offering refunds after the inital date falls through). If it was through Amazon, Play etc you would expect nothing less.\
\
At least since they've started working with PlasticHead/Candleshite they've (somwhat!) pulled themselves together
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby cyrilgrey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:20 am

chances are GoP would be a "one listen" thing, so i guess i sholdn't be too upset (aside from money lost). Unless some of the tracks were like complete songs, only instead of Jaz singing, he will pull a Doors/Morrison spoken words to music (not the boring guitar in Cortauld Talks)\
\
but Mr. Punch is 100% correct. Better to wait on the new album. And Duende, the Peel Sessions, and the 2 live at the Forum sets are still exciting
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby cyrilgrey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:31 am

i had an idea. i doubt they will, but i think they should make a deluxe edition of the Death and Resurrection Show (if it ever sees the light of day) that includes the Gems of Power cds. I was actually watching the trailer and they show the cover of GoP, and i thought "wow, maybe this movie will basically be like a visual GoP", but since i don't know what either one really is yet, it doesn't matter. But still, if they did spend money to record it and do the artwork (which they could've used for Absolute Dissent), might as well release it. They should really just post it as a free download after what happened, but being that they are going to be giving Raven's family money from the next album's sales, i wouldn't mind paying for it again.
cyrilgrey

PreviousNext

Return to Records