Could Gems of Power Exist?

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

Could Gems of Power Exist?

Postby cyrilgrey » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:01 am

I'm wondering, I mean, they posted the artwork and had it all set to go. Are there printed copies of Gems of Power floating about (a real collector's item!)
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Re: Could Gems of Power Exist?

Postby NOF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:12 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA \
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby Amalgam » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 am

Well, I made an advance payment for it 4 years ago. Seemed like a huge mistake in hindsight. Ah well, in 2004 it was pretty much anticipated, but with the many releases we've seen over the last 2-3 years it seems a pretty redundant now (surely it contained more comments on Iraq, Bush America etc). Alledgedly, the rights for Gems are in the hands of Raven's family. \
I once contacted KJ manager Matt Luxon about it, but he never replied.
Amalgam

Postby zoltan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:59 pm

I also purchased a copy of said cd all those years ago, and i would love for it to still see a release.\
Not just because i have paid for the damn thing already , i guess i could never actually prove it anymore after this length of time anyway.\
Yes Matt Luxon never replied to any of my emails either , funny that.\
Mainly i would just like to have it , it sounded like an awesome package from the orginal description of the cd and i am fascinated to actually hear it.\
I think if it ever did see the light of day then the proceds from the sales should go to Raven's family anyway.
zoltan

Postby cyrilgrey » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:43 pm

NOF wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA \
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
\
\
\
\:lol:\
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby cyrilgrey » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:45 pm

I really just want the artwork. I was never too crazy about the "spoken word" album. I hoped we'd see music on there as well, but the joke was on me since we didnt see IT at all!
cyrilgrey

Postby Amalgam » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Read this bit, and think how many listens you would give the project.\
\
- I also wanted to talk about the "Gems of power" recordings, due out sometime this year. Do they expand on the themes developed in "The Courtauld Talks"?\
\
- This is a different approach. Instead of me lecturing, this is about showing people the creative process that you don't need money for and that can take you wherever you want to go. This creative process has worked well for me. So it's basically a hands-on approach to using your dreams the same way the Surrealists used their dreams, like Dali: For instance the techniques of falling asleep awake and then have this affect your artwork or whatever you're creating. There are certain things I demand people get, like a map of the world, and using your dreams with a map of the world. Techniques like these, that liberate. I also talk about "The art of war", which works well for me. It contains 5 basic principles before you set out to do anything. I go through a normal morning with me, I call it "Breakfast at Jaz Coleman's". I talk about how I overcome certain things sometimes and I'm completely frank about it. (Laughs) I also talk about my depression, how I can turn that into something essentially positive. How to overcome certain difficulties in life, even though everything's really expensive and everybody's in a state of economic slavery, how we can go about to attack some of these things, just on a very individual and personal level. That's what "Gems of power" is about.\
\
(Taken from an interview early 2006 http://disturb.org/Jaz_coleman_eng.html)
Amalgam

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:22 pm

And this was going to be 3 CD's (right? i forget). That is a lot of verbal crap. I would hope they would have had sense enough to put some songs on it. Love the "creativity requires no money" bit cos that makes all of us $50 (again, i forget because i paid with CC and it was in pounds) more creative than non-foolish killing joke fans... D'OH!
cyrilgrey

Postby SpiderMum » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:01 am

Jaz Coleman - Gems Of Power, Parts I, II & III\
\
Price: £20.99\
Catalogue number: RBMCD002\
Release date: 31/01/2005 ( \:P\ )\
Format: CD3\
Genre: Spoken Word\
Label: Rude Boy Music\
\
Rude Boy Music announces its forth-coming release, Gems Of Power. A collaborative effort from KILLING JOKE front man Jaz Coleman and Bass player Paul Raven and must have for any KILLING JOKE fan. This CD contains the first three parts of the eight-part work that will take you on a ride through the inner workings of Killing Joke master mind Jaz Coleman, w/ additional music by Jaz & Raven and a 42 piece orchestra. The box set also includes a short film produced and directed by Jaz & Raven while recording in Prague May 2004. Gems Of Power was recorded in Prague and Edinburgh and takes the listener into the heart of Killing Joke philosophy to reveal the order and disorder that lies beneath, unlocking some of the mystery surrounding Jaz Coleman and his band of brothers. A template is created here to pass down the unwritten and unseen to the next generation of musicians & radical thinkers. Initial copies of this release (the first 1000) will contain a certificate of authenticity and will be signed by Jaz and Raven and individually numbered. The compact discs will be housed in card wallets and placed in a rigid clam shell case. The overall graphic of the design will be carried through the packaging creating a visual painting to compliment the words and music. The finished product will then be introduced via retail to the minds of an awaiting population.
(source: http://www.cadizmusic.com )
SpiderMum

Postby cyrilgrey » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:33 am

first 3 parts of an EIGHT PART work!? Maybe it should have been call BALLZ of Power.
cyrilgrey

Next

Return to Records