Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Postby Sapromind » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:17 pm

So let's have all of them here... Since no one will be willing to talk about Outside the Gate, I'm going to ask you about the second most controversial album.\
Musically - really different, yeah. Lyrically - undoubtedly my favourite one.\
Is anyone here who does not find this album poor? ^^
Sapromind

Re: Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Postby NOF » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:33 pm

This is the most boring, conventional album they've released. At least Outside the Gate has some character! Only track that stands up to past glories is Adorations (even then that's just a rewrite of LLB). Sanity starts off sounding like The Final Countdown then descends into late 80's Gary Numan esque funk. The rest are bbooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggg.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby Whiplash » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:08 am

I like BTATS, especially Chessboards. They definetly went in a different direction with this one, but you could say it started with Night Time...
"I'll never let you get to me, survival is my victory"
Whiplash

Postby Lennonka » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:20 am

I love this album very much, esp. Adorations and Rubicon. Not the worst at all!
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby scotty 2 tees » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 am

Rubicon is without doubt the best track on btats,but the rest of the album delivers something very original for the time it was made.I think at the time kj were receiving a lot of pressure from the buisiness men to deliver something commercial.We all know kj dont really do commercial.And as far as otgate and Jazz rapping,I suppose were all aloud to make mistakes.But i think love of this land is a beautiful song,but it was always a solo project by Jazz as far as im concerned.
scotty 2 tees

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:53 pm

It`s growing on me...took years n years...but I`m slightly getting to it, it has a very cold atmo...and I have the same feelings I have when I use to listen to some Pink Floyd Albums...also arctic atmo...perhaps it`s just nostalgica...cos it`s deffo sooooo much 80s...and of course the remastered Version helped a lot.\
But it`s still far from becoming a heavy spinnining Icon.\
\
I remember the firsttime I heard it....I was: Is this the Band which recorded WTF...! ?\
\
I gave it away ! as a Birthday present soon afterwards. I was too dissapointed...was`nt KJ at all. But bought it back on CD sometimes early 90s...did`nt helped a lot. But the remaster....and my age probably \:D\
Mr.Punch

Postby luca signorelli » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:13 pm

It could have been one of their best albums, as the rehersal version of the songs was excellent (WAY better than Nightime). Unfortunately the whole thing was messed up because of the production. However, believe me, songs like Rubicon, Love of the Masses, and expecially Wintergardens were all time best.
luca signorelli

Postby cyrilgrey » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Brighter IS the album that got me into Killing Joke. I loved it for five months straight. Later on, Extremities came out and I was shocked. I hated it at first because I was hoping for more Night Time/BtaTS style Killing Joke, but I was also getting into NIN ans Ministry around that time, so EDaVRE soon grew on me. Then Pandemonium was like gold- the perfect blend of all the best in music going on then.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby cyrilgrey » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:13 pm

Ha! I did not even realize I just did it, but my memory completely skipped over Outside the Gate. I just cannot accept that as a Killing Joke effort. Stay One Jump Ahead and Tiahuananco are the ONLY songs I can stand to listen to. Unless I'm feeling REALLY GOOFY, then I'll do America Extended and SOJA Extended and jump around like an idiot rapping "such awesome energy, Geordie is a killa!" LOL!
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby SPURMEON » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:17 pm

I hate it
SPURMEON

Next

Return to Records