I love this album but I don't play it much- why? I cannot answer that.\
\
I go for EDAVRE , 2003, 1980, Revelations so they must be my favourite albums?\
\
Then I play WTF, Pandemonium, HFTBOH, F Dances.\
\
Cannot explain it.\
\
Adorations is a fucking classic and resembles LLB as much as I resemble a supermodel, Chessboards and Rubicon are the standouts. Love of the Masses is simply perfect with Raven's bass making the song extra special. Twilight of the Mortal vintage Joke. Goodbye to the Village is genius. Top notch Joke. Need to play it more.\
\
Incidentally, the Adorations Supernatural Mix is superb.Geordie is loud.
Bulging Eyes

Re: Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Postby Sapromind » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:02 am

Bulging Eyes wrote:Love of the Masses is simply perfect with Raven's bass making the song extra special.
\
Oh boy, finally someone confirmed it. Thanks.
Sapromind

Postby Fancyjoke » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Ah,romance,why did i ever think that was NOT part of KJ?\
Maybe because KJ is usually about rough music and society,I tend to overlook beauty,like LOTM.\
Again,this album is very dear to me,it closed an era,never to come back to the KJ-sound again.\
\
How i wish it would happen though... \:roll:\
The Great Cull is coming down!\
\
http://www.youtube.com/user/VOIDMK20
Fancyjoke

Postby Fancyjoke » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:38 am

I heard the restored mixes (remastered) version today and it's clearly different.\
Geordie's more present in every way,Raven's groovier than ever,all less produced,great!\
Enjoying this release even more!\
\
Even-though the old production did miracles for me,this release is certainly worthwhile.\
Chessboards remains an old time fav,If they'd play it,it would be awesome.\
\
I recommend this release. \:o\
The Great Cull is coming down!\
\
http://www.youtube.com/user/VOIDMK20
Fancyjoke

Postby killjoker » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Love it, all of it!
" The liars are out, they have all the assets, crawling for oil, they were bleeding for gold "
killjoker

Postby PsychoMan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 pm

I just got a copy of the original release on vinyl in almost mint condition as a gift. \:D\ \
\
I'm a bit stunned while listening to it. What did happen to the CD release back then? The vinyl sounds really bright and clear plus there's also alot more details and bass to hear. It's almost like it was mixed in a different, better way. Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about the different Mendelsohn / Kimsey mixes (I own the restored version too on CD). \
\
The vinyl I own now is the original release from 1986 and compared to the 1986 CD it sounds almost totally different. It's not only that "vinyl sound" which can make this difference... or can it? This LP sounds really fresh and bright(er than a thousand suns). \;)\ \
\
btw.\
Anyone owns the BTATS Vinyl re-release (on Candlelight I think?). Does it include the restored mixes or the original mix?\
\
Cheers!
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Postby bones » Tue May 29, 2012 4:14 am

I think BTATS is a great album and one I listen to more than most. Yes, the production is way too slick but there are some fantastic songs on it - Adorations, Sanity, Chessboards, Wintergardens and Rubicon all stand up well against any of KJ's very best songs. Even the B-Sides from the album - Ecstacy, Exile and Goodbye to the Village - are well up to standard. In fact, Ecstacy was so good they decided to recycle the riff on Outside the Gate (Obsession).
BONES
bones

Postby PsychoMan » Tue May 29, 2012 4:49 pm

bones wrote:In fact, Ecstacy was so good they decided to recycle the riff on Outside the Gate (Obsession).
\
\
You finally solved what I was thinking about the whole time I listened to that track (Ecstasy). I was always like "I know this part from another KJ song, but which one?". You are absolutley right. The riff (or chord progression) is the same as in Obsession when Jaz sings "London, New York, Paris, Tokyo..."\
\
Thanks man! \:D\
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Postby bones » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:51 am

You're welcome. I ought the 12" of Adorations when it was released, so I'd had Ecstasy for several years before I heard Outside the Gate. I picked it out immediately (and was immediately disappointed that they had recycled something so obvious).
BONES
bones

Postby Bluce_Ree » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:35 am

I always liked Adorations. The rest of the album left me cold and so I never really listened to it again from about a week or two after I bought it.

Heard a live version of Twilight of the Mortals though and it was ace. Which surprised me.

Chessboards is good also actually.
Bluce_Ree

PreviousNext

Return to Records