The Great Gathering Live At Brixton Academy

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

The Great Gathering Live At Brixton Academy

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:38 am

Hey all! I'm kinda surprised the board is dead on the new live recording?

What does everyone think? I listened to some of it and it sounds pretty good.
I wanted to listen to it on my stereo so I tried to convert the flac to wav and burn a cd
but it didn't work. Then again, I don't have my good burner software installed on this older labtop
Im using now, so I had to burn with Windows Media Player.
I received a few errors. Seems like there's some miscoding as I received a few errors when burning with WMP?
I know my converter by NCH works great. I've always loved this program for conversions.
Anyways, if anyone had any issues to make a cd I'd like to know?

With that said.

What does the community think about the new live recording? The set list?
The quality? I loved Geordie's mix of Down by the River. So, I'm going to give this one a good headphone listen
before I chime in on what I think. Also, it looks like Reza isn't on this recording? He's in the US touring with Inertia?
He isn't on this Euro tour? That surprised me...
LSDMOFRO

Re: The Great Gathering Live At Brixton Academy

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:22 am

2nd good listen on large stereo. Geordie kicks ass. His guitar work is so nice and crystal...and you can hear alot more of his intricate playing and other note work as opposed to what you can hear of his guitar on the records--which as of late gets a bit blurry and muffled during production. I hope Geordie gets to mix their next studio record. I love his ear. The DBTR and this new one...just stellar mixing on the fly. And his playing is just furious! That's the highlight for me on this new live recording...and we have a lot of them!!!I

criticism: I'm done with Eighties and Pandemonium in the live set list. I get that both songs were a recognizable hits and that the lesser hard core fan would appreciate them in the set...but I'm bored. But it's funny, I can also say that Pandemonium is always uplifting in the live set and carries alot of the sound from Jana and other songs so I'm not disappointed and expecting it being part of the "signature" KJ set. I'm Afflicted...

On this record. I think Eighties is also the weakest sounding track on the new live record. I would like to hear more off Extremities like North of the Border, more from 2003, and something HFTBH. But I guess these are Raven albums. And it appears maybe Raven songs get less attention as opposed to Youth songs?

I like that I can hear more of Youth's bass in the mix, and he does rip and make Turn to Red very hypnotic. The influences of dub and reggae of their growing up musically period really shines through on this track. It rips!!! Very psychedelic stoner stuff. Complications as well...
LSDMOFRO

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Well, this Board is once again very quite...but that`s another story. I downloaded The great Gathering yesterday (as I was in hospital for a week +,nothing serious though) And I agree,it`s once again a brill Mix from Geordie,but I think that sometimes,the keyboards are a bit behind...anyway...I used to be a huge Fan of Live Albums all through out my live,but I have to confess,with downloads and youtube and nowadays Pledge...there`s to me,a kinda Sell-out movement when it comes to Live recordings...see? For almost 10 + years,there just was HA! and then came The 25 Gathering...now..it`s every 3 years there`s live Album out (not only KJ)...re-releases not count (like RSD for instance) so I have my problems these days to seperate them all, time is speeding up,so,Down by the river was just yesterday to me.
Anyway,my Prob. I love Pssyche. And I always wanted to do a compilation,cos there must be 100 different Versions of this piece standing on my shelf or beeing on my hard disc etc etc...crazy!

BTW.: This boards quiet...I still cannot see nor hear the Rockaway Beach full gig ( Youtube n Gema shite) and I asked for help on the original thread...no reaction... :(

Anyway,got me my tix for Cologne Dec. 3. can`t wait!
Mr.Punch

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:39 am

Mr Punch. I completely agree with you on every point regarding "Live" albums. On Rockaway. I'm glad to help.
It's a good show. If you can't "Are you Receiving" I'll copy it and get it to you, you being a pillar
and all that on the board. I'll check back here over the weekend. Peace out, brother Gatherer.

PS, think of it this way, in the US, you don't even get to stay in the hospital for something serious!
You're released... when they say the Health Care Industry they actually mean-- INDUSTRY. I hope recovery comes well towards you.
May the Lightbrigher be your nurse and at your healing side.
LSDMOFRO

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Thank you very much for your offer! You rule! Watch your inbox Bro! ;)
Mr.Punch

Postby LSDMOFRO » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 am

I have the entire Flac file if you want me to email it to you! It's the audio. PM me your email or I'll ask Bulging Eyes for it if he has it, he's likely up right now watching the toilet water spin the opposite way from us. peace out brother...

I got sided tracked by my dad coming up early with some personal issues over the weekend. Divorce at 73 with a 5 year marriage with a lady 15 years younger... Never a dull moment at my house!
LSDMOFRO

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Has anybody on here received the tripple vinyl from Pledge?
I got an email from pledge mid of may,saying All Items have been shipped!
End of June I emailed them (I waited that long,cos of all the trouble in the UK/London - incl. Heathrow airport - that I thought this could cause a massive delay ) but after nearly 4 weeks I`ve had enough. So a quick reply followed...got your email, but it`ll take time etc etc..to answer.
Nearly 9! days later,I got a personal email...that they wonder why I haven`t received my item and if the delivery address is correct. I replied instantly...received another email,that they are sorry,
I replied again..that I am happy that -in the end they care for their costumers....(that was 5 days ago) sonce then NOTHING!!!! I`m pretty pissed off...just to read on the gathering on Thursday...
"Some gatherers report that they received their vinyl etc etc...
so that`s why I am asking.

BTW.
A day before I contacted them...I saw The Vinyl on ebay UK...
Mr.Punch

Return to Records