To Clip or Not to Clip

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

To Clip or Not to Clip

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:20 am

That is NOT the Question.

So. I wanted to post this during early October. I have always had issues with the production and clipping issues of AD (and some of the songs MMXXII).
Here's the funny thing I noticed though. Someone rear ended me (car accident) so I had a 2015 Jeep Cherokee as a rental vehicle for 3 days paid by insurance.

This vehicle does not play CDS. The only thing you can play on it is compressed music from your phone or via satellite service. So, I put on AD from my phone.
It finally didn't sound like shit via production wise. I actually could hear the mix down a lot better than I have ever heard before...heard more intricate parts of songs that I assumed before were very straight forward. So this made me wonder. Was the production of this record and some of MMXXII actually geared and produced towards a compression loving audience? I have the vinyl and cd versions of both releases and my sound system in my house and in my car (stock bose system) is pretty damn good. My house is more 1990's, but high quality for it's time and my cd player is professional and top of the line...

So... what do you think? Did Clive purposely clip for the youtube mp3 generation?
LSDMOFRO

Re: To Clip or Not to Clip

Postby Bluce_Ree » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Interesting...

Not sure though. I'm listening to Delete via Youtube and it still sounds like shit to me.

Geordie's chainsaw guitar tone and Youth's muddy bass killed the last three records for me a bit.
Bluce_Ree

Return to Records