Apotheosis

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

Apotheosis

Postby LSDMOFRO » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:07 am

What I love about this track (and it might be turning into my favorite) is the tension synth sound--the sound of the snapping of a high tension wire. It repeats quite a bit. So, it might start earlier but it definitely starts about the 1:05 and 1:06 minute mark. It repeats during the song through out. Killing Joke does this with other songs, like the sound of a whip cracking. Does anyone know what I speak of? These little trade mark sounds that Killing Joke does? I love this. I'd love sit down one day and mark these patterns of these trademark sound bytes or clips or sound effects from album to album that Killing Joke puts in their music. Anyways...I love this "wire snapping sound". I think any guitar players on this forum will know what I speak of in this song. And it fits this record in relation to Mike Coles art of Pylon, the power lines, the cell towers, and being "off the grid". The deity is rising!
LSDMOFRO

Re: Apotheosis

Postby scotty 2 tees » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Listened carefully,and yeah,pylon wires twanging.Just Brilliant.You have good ears for sure.Im enjoying this track even more now lol cheers lsd
scotty 2 tees

Return to Records