Love Like Blood

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

Love Like Blood

Postby Bluce_Ree » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Simple question. What do you think of Love Like Blood? It's an odd track for me. For a while as a kid all I really had was the two Tube performances on video so I've listened to the song a bazillion times. I like it a lot but I don't really ever go out of my way to listen to it. I'll skip through it in fact. And I never really want to hear it live. Maybe I'm just bored of it. Maybe it's a bit too poppy.
Bluce_Ree

Re: Love Like Blood

Postby markorbit » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:41 pm

It's a classic.
markorbit

Postby Sapromind » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:36 pm

I can't say a bad word about this song. The fact that it was a hit single in the goth clubs in the eighties is not something that's going to devalue it. To me only Darkness Before Dawn is a better track on the entire Night Time album, but that's hardly a flaw. I specifically like the structure of this song, how vocals end sometime halfway and then this cool rhythm just doesn't want to stop.
Sapromind

Postby Michael » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 pm

It's one of the few perfect pop songs and a classic. I love it since its release and Geordies intro still makes the hair on my arm stand up, when I listen to it loud. Same class as Love Will Tear Us Apart.
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Return to Records