Star Spangled

Talks about albums, singles and other official releases

Star Spangled

Postby LSDMOFRO » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:25 am

Great song. I love the urgency in pretty much every movement of the song (and the violins or synthesizer violins used) ...then, Jaz using a singular voice which has a honesty and worry in his tone via deliver...amazing song within amazing songs within amazing songs! (Pylon is a maze of tunnels!!!!)

And the punch line of Star Spangled is just so trippy and brilliant: Right when the bridges start you faintly hear a Russian voice sound bite. I--- here in the US of A---with NSA and NASA connections---have interpreted and translated the sound bite (we are based in Houston) ( not totally clear yet on the diction--but we are working on it) ;

The sound bite appears to possibly be that of a Russian Air Traffic Controller-- saying something like, "that's wasn't a soft landing".
I might have the interpretation not yet exact. But the word, "Posadka" is only used by Slavic air professionals... " rough landing" is sort of the meaning... something like that, but it's in a different depending on the context. We will keep listening and deciphering the Mystery here in Houston.

Killing Joke Czech Allies: Please Feel Free to Interpret and Transpose!!!! Over and Out.
LSDMOFRO

Re: Star Spangled

Postby Bluce_Ree » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Listening again now.

I'm not a fan of the synths or production. The opening riff reminds me of Pandemonium/Democracy era filler tracks - Youth influenced I guess. I like the chorus (if that's the chorus). The drumming is so lost in the mix when it gets good around the third minute. Not one of Geordie's best bridges.

Better than Delete and Autonomous Zone but pretty weak for me.
Bluce_Ree

Re: Star Spangled

Postby LSDMOFRO » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:14 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:Listening again now.

I'm not a fan of the synths or production. The opening riff reminds me of Pandemonium/Democracy era filler tracks - Youth influenced I guess. I like the chorus (if that's the chorus). The drumming is so lost in the mix when it gets good around the third minute. Not one of Geordie's best bridges.

Better than Delete and Autonomous Zone but pretty weak for me.

Yeah, Bluce, to each his own. I just like all the trippy background stuff...like the chorus (ha ha, yes, if we can call it that). Since I know some of the words to the track yet find myself mumbling so many of the words cause I just can't make them all out...it makes the song not completely fulfilling. As an album...and with so many songs, I find it fits snuggly it procession with the other tracks. I do like the violin like synth though, and I'm not a huge fan of that either, but for me it works well in the track. Yes, I agree about the youth influence with the opening riff. Big Buzz is more filler for me though. But, of course, to each his own!
LSDMOFRO

Return to Records