His Performance

His Performance

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:04 pm

..I think we should have a thread for them too...Lenny?\
\
To start out with Reza...he`s a damned nice bloke..met him two times...but must confess...his voice on the London Forum Recordings does`nt realy fit into...the whole arangement..not angry nuff...sounds a bit weak..see? (Same goes for Youth) BPs Voice is much better for Chorus imo. Dunno about Geord..he`s up at the mike sometimes ..but does he realy sing?\
\
OK I swimming the seas now...to come back to Reza...his Keyboard playing is top. And in Berlin.. at one point...don`t remember which song...he was going physically all over the keys...by enthusiasm....which causes a funny look of Jaz....\
\
\
and this nice guy is sooo small..which some of our female members are pointing at in a way...ya know... \:lol:\
Mr.Punch

Re: Other Members

Postby Sapromind » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:26 pm

You're right about his singing. That mickey mouse voice in "Money Is Not Our God" is him, right? He should learn to growl or something \\m/
Sapromind

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:38 pm

Xactly!...same goes for Timewave
Mr.Punch

Postby Lennonka » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:01 pm

I thought that Youth was seconding the Timewave : )))
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:08 pm

Both! Youth and Reza.
Mr.Punch

Re: His Performance

Postby billynoband » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:12 pm

The keyboard sound has improved ten fold since Reza took over. Its not buried in the mix and most of the sounds are spot on I think.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Postby anthony » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:31 am

Agree with you all, but why can't he play a "violin" solo at the end of Communion? So you got Geordie adding a lot of harmonics during this part of the song, making it sounding less annoying... Look at the 25th Gathering DVD, Nick Walker played something, ok it's not the real violin solo, but i think the song relly needs it, and the band desserve a keyboard player who's abble to play "keyboards", with his right hand doing something, and his left hand doing something else, you know? \;)\
anthony

Postby Michael » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Is his voice the second Mickey-Mouse-on-LSD-voice during the Whiteout-chorus, too? Haha, this really sounds crazy and I love it! It sounds, if anyone has stepped on a cat. Really crazy, I like it. A new colour in this very colourless song.... \:D\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Sapromind » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Michael wrote:It sounds, if anyone has stepped on a cat.
\
Good one, really made me laugh.\
And, yeah, maybe this whole thing sounds a bit crazy and maybe it's ok, but when you listen to "Madness"... Jaz can try to rip his guts out screaming and it's still not powerful enough when you have back vocalist like that.. I guess even Jaz can see it himself, 'cause he was even supporting back vocalists - he was adding some roaring in the end of every line, after Reza, Youth and BPF. It was like he could see they're all not powerful enough and he had to give some more.
Sapromind

Postby zoltan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:14 pm

I was thought John Bechdel was pretty cool on the keys!\
Who took over after he left?
zoltan

Next

Return to Reza