Sister Ray

Off-topics

Sister Ray

Postby Jaggedone » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:21 pm

As one who doesn't like to hang around in the past and always attempts to keep my ears firmly pinned to the ground regarding "THE NEW" I just had to tell you guys about a GROUNDHOG Day experience today. Although I'm pretty fresh around here and am constantly amazed at the KJ knowledge you guys possess, we all agree and must acknowledge the fact that KJ and other superb bands have their origins somewhere. \
AS you all know by now ol JO is a massive JD fan and I also acknowledge the fact that a massive influence on JD and naturally KJ were Velvet Underground (sorry to interrupt proceedings, whilst writing this, another classic just began, September Sun by Type o Negative, amazing!!) and today I dusted off White Light White Heat and played the absolute anthem of alternative/underground rock, the one and only Sister Ray, all fucking glorious 14 minutes of this absolute classic and I thought I would love to share my Groundhog experience with you all. \
If you guys have the VU's White Light stashed away in your dusty collections, dig it out, dust it down and join me in solidarity for the greatest underground symphony ever made, SISTER RAY, fuck me it was cut way back when in the 60's, when the Beatles were recording Love Me Do, unbelievable!!!! \:D\ \:D\ \:D\ JO
Jaggedone

Re: Sister Ray

Postby Michael » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Hehe, good choice! Try to get "The legendary guitar amp tape", there's Sister Ray in my favourite version (live at the Boston Tea Party, if I remeber correctly), 29 minutes long! \:D\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Re: Sister Ray

Postby Jaggedone » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:33 am

Michael wrote:Hehe, good choice! Try to get "The legendary guitar amp tape", there's Sister Ray in my favourite version (live at the Boston Tea Party, if I remeber correctly), 29 minutes long! \:D\
\
Hey Mike thanks for your tip, will put the research mode into action, it must be a must! \;)\ JO
Jaggedone

Return to Ecstasy of Chaos