R.I.P. David Bowie

Off-topics

R.I.P. David Bowie

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:45 pm

I WAS SHELLSHOCKED this morning when I turned on the TV...and it`s been told that Bowie has passed away.

I got the Album Black Star on Friday and was so impressed as it is fucking genius...and now.... :(

I new the guy for almost all of my Life,when I realy started to consume Rock/Pop Music it was in the middle or better the hightimes of Glam Rock and just like with KJ I knew the image before I heard a note. Bowie was always present in the mags but rarely played on the radio or TV shows some 10-12 old year would listen to or watch , so it took till the beginning of 1976,when a Pop Retrospective Series was shown on TV when I first heard him playin Rebel Rebel...Woooow!
Then came Heroes...been a Fan ever since,except the Let`s Dance early 80s stuff...but he found his way back to better music...Outside,Earthling...I did not like all his later stuff,Hours for instance..is boring as is Heathen...I too was disapointed by Next Day...but with Black Star he offered a genius work and sadly his Swan Song.

He was a big big influence,even for the Joke (if they like it or not)...

FFS... Madonna would`ve be a less big loss....

"Ground Control to Maj. Tom....?
Mr.Punch

Re: R.I.P. David Bowie

Postby scotty 2 tees » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Its hard to know what to say,it hasn,t sunk in yet.But I guess ill be listening to Mr Bowie every night this week,and remembering his incredible talent.
RiP David Bowie Thankyou for your incredible contribution to our culture our memories and of course your amazing music.Gone but never forgotten
scotty 2 tees

Postby LSDMOFRO » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Mr.Punch wrote:
He was a big big influence,even for the Joke (if they like it or not)...

He was. And on a matter of deconstruction (and hardcore literary criticism (Jacques Derrida) And a lot of that from the beat movement too... William Burroughs, cut up method, etc, etc...
Bowie took those literary movements of deconstruction (even magic realism) and brought them to the forefront in music. Brilliant stuff. No one did that before him!

So...then years later...when Kurt Cobain says, "We can plant house, we can build a tree" ...that word play was definitely taught by Mr. Bowie himself. I'm not even talking about the profound achievements
Bowie did musically... I'm just speaking from a poetic lyrical standpoint. I love Tin Machine by the way. What a great band that was. And I have to say that the band I assisted years ago, Critters Buggin,
Matt Chamberlain got the pleasure of working with Bowie. But if you listen to those drums on Heathen, it's definitely Critters Buggin.
LSDMOFRO

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:21 pm

....years ago, who would have thought, that Iggy will survive him...? Yes, he's a big loss and it reminds us of our own age...our heroes leave, but the music will stay forever. Even friends leave, but tbe music never will. Hm...it's religion! (Says Michael the atheist)
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Return to Ecstasy of Chaos