R.I.P LEMMY

Off-topics

R.I.P LEMMY

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Yes, the almost impossiblity has happened! LEMMY Ian Kilmister has died. :(

He was/is a pure icon. One of the few left ... pure honesty. ..back then,Metal Heads weren't listening to Punk Rock and Punks/Postpunks Goth`whatsoever weren`t touching Metal with a pincers...but both camps were listening to Motörhead. And that`s what I admire...unite people from totally different angles.

I like their/his songwriting...always good melodies AND!!! Their Solos never get on me nerves (which is basicaly what keeps me off from listening to "Metal" at all ).

LEMMY got great humor as well...and shared a rehearsal Studio with K J once...if I remember correctly.
well,the only card I need is.... 8-)
Mr.Punch

Re: R.I.P LEMMY

Postby LSDMOFRO » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Thanks Mr. Punch for posting this.

Yes, I heard last night...crack a bottle of bourbon...put on No Remorse (with the last song Killed by Death) ...my wife got ticked off at me as I was playing it loud...playing air guitar, and slugging the Bourbon just like Kilmeister himself...but gosh, Lemmy died!!! How could I not!!!??? How could I not give a 1/2 an album side to one of my all time favorite artists. I even have a Motorhead tattoo and been listening to him since I was just a kid! Hopefully, I'll make up with the Mrs. tonight! If you get a chance to read his biography, it's a great read. Also, IN THE Studio, with Motorhead...another great book, great read... Lemmy was funny as hell!!!! I will miss him dearly.
LSDMOFRO

Postby Michael » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:29 pm

Yes, he will be missed very much. What an icon...I'm glad that I've seen Motörhead on their last tour, their sound is unique for eternity, pure Rock'n'Roll.
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby scotty 2 tees » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Covered Ace of Spades many times over the years,with various cover bands.A great song that always got people head banging along on gigs.
For that and all the other incarnations of Lemmys musical carreer.Respect and RIP Lemmy.Thankyou for the music man. :cry:
scotty 2 tees

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:14 am

I have say that Lemmy was very much misconstrued. He was quite the sweetheart. So I love what you wrote Scott2Tees and Michael. He was an AMAZING song writer. He wrote many lyrics off the cuff that were brilliant. Just brilliant. And he also put alot of thought into his songs. He knew music historically like NOT too many rock n rollers. He had an innate love for song writing and could play a 12 bar like no other and then do 7/8th time on the mark. And if ya don't think he was a true sweet heart sucker for love, peace, and justice then please please 911 Emergency listen to Lemmy, Slim Jim, and Danny B. He is the ONLY one I have ever heard play a Buddy Holly, Beatles, or Eddie Cochran cover just as good or BETTER than them! Then listen to his covers of Judas Priest or Metallica or Black Flag. I only wish he was offered to do a cover of a Killing Joke song. Maybe Wardance...maybe something else, 80's? Probably doesn't matter. Whatever he would have done would have been stellar. If it wasn't for Lemmy, I wouldn't have experience quite a lot of things in life...and that includes reading HISTORY and understanding Justice and Principles. Perfect example of the Lightbringer all from Erudition. Quite a genius, self taught. Showed--- No Remorse. Stay Clean! make 'em Shine fellow gatherers...
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:42 am

Oh...and Mr. Punch...thanks for stating the "bridge" that Lemmy provided. It's so true. As Lemmy always said, He played Rock N Roll.
Generations pass...but you know Rock N Roll when you fucking hear it!!! Joe Strummer had that same spirit of the hippy punker, And frankly,
one can hear a lot of Jimi in Motorhead. It's just one gear...like 4th, and then, maybe OVERDRIVE once you are on the freeway (Autobahn) :arrow:
LSDMOFRO

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:08 pm

scotty 2 tees wrote:Covered Ace of Spades many times over the years,with various cover bands.A great song that always got people head banging along on gigs.
For that and all the other incarnations of Lemmys musical carreer.Respect and RIP Lemmy.Thankyou for the music man. :cry:

We actually played a nearly "unplugged" Version of Spades during a -we called it "Half-plugged quiet Life" Gig as we played very quiet but kept the guits plugged in.

It went down a storm,so we repeated it for an Encore great fun. Lemmy would`ve liked it,as a couple of years later he went unplugged himself with Slim Jim & Danny B.

What a coincibence. 8-)
Mr.Punch

Return to Ecstasy of Chaos