Favourite guitarist that isn't called Geordie?

Off-topics

Favourite guitarist that isn't called Geordie?

Postby Bluce_Ree » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:23 pm

For me it's Robert Smith when he's playing A Forest live.

Hendrix when he still had the English rhythm section.
Bluce_Ree

Re: Favourite guitarist that isn't called Geordie?

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Greg Sage of the Wipers, I think his sound is unique, as Geordie's is. And I like Jeff Buckley's guitar-sound very much!
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Jeeez :o

There`s too many talented and unique bastards around and have been around...

but OK..first who comes to mind: ME!

...then probbably Keith ,Jimmy Page,Townshend,Mc Goullogh,Daniel Ash,Jon Spencer and of course Michael Karoli +++,...hm..for years my absolute fav. Solo or shall I say break (as during the 80s Indie period Soli were max. outdated) was/is: Robert Smith: 10.15 on a Saturday night...phenomenal Kakophonie.!!!

and not to forget Romano Jellinek,my Guitar Partner in my first Semi prof. Band...a Bastard,a nice guy...an arsehole,but fucking talented and uniqe (influenced by Beck & Andy Summers& Townshend)..sadly died in 2002.
Mr.Punch

Postby scotty 2 tees » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:02 am

Anthony kj guitar tabs,is awesome guitarist. :D
scotty 2 tees

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:05 am

It is hard to say because you have genres... I mean, shit, Gary Clark Jr. is a bad ass...

and Jeff Beck is still a bad ass!!!!

And what about the rhythm realm? It's different being a rhythm guitarist than it is say a solo guitarist.

Geordie is a rhythm guitar player...and he is one of the best...with open chords, dischord, harmonics, minor notes...

I think it all needs to be broken down into categories. Genres for the most part...

If you don't think Gary Clark Jr. can't play most everything out there though...you'd be fooling yourself.

Shit, I was impressed with Willie Nelson on AXS TV not that long ago, giant hole in his guitar, playing some wicked unexpected dischord minor note stuff in an extended solo.
Kinda scary, maybe he was trippin on some shrooms or something?
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:50 am

I like a lot of guys that play the blues. Son House, Willie Brown, Robert Johnson, KC Douglas, RL Burnside, Jr. Kimbrough, Barbacue Bob, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, Mississippi John Hurt, T Model Ford, and I can go on and on and on if you want me to?

I love Bukka White too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkhj9z14TBo

If you go back and find these guys on You tube. Check out these blues guys...they are amazing...guys like Big Joe Williams. There are alot of blues guitar playing masters in the folk revival period of the 1960s to the 1980s (Both playing in American Festivals and brought over to Europa to show their amazing playing even at their old age.

If anyone wishes I certainly can post a list of blues and americana greats. I've have a large collection of vinyl on the blues. And I study the lineage of the playing, the region, and the lyrics... I love the rural blues player. It's tribalism.

And of course, I love Jimi and Stevie... But it's such a hard thing to say favorite guitar player...the palette is too large. I love Michael Schenker. I like some stuff Stevie Vai did. I like Neil Young. I love Chris Haskett. I love Mick Jones. I dig Jack White... I even like the Edge! LOL! WE can go on and on and on on this subject...so...glad the fire has started...
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:00 am

Roy Schmeck! Master of Strings!

check out min 3.31. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FezteZq6-E

but here's more on Roy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8fQePz4FcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwkD1vB9xo4

anyways...I am sort of a knob and study the history of the guitar and strings.

I love another Blues guy named JB Hutto.
Lightning Hopkins. I even dig James Hetfields rhythms...he is a bad ass rhythm and semi solo guitar player.
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:14 am

didn't anyone watch the fucking Bukka White video???? It's two songs! Watch that bad ass!!! It's punches example...how can we chose a fav...there are soooo many great guitar players...even on youtube or NOT on youtube noone knows! There are guys playing their hearts out in some shitty little dark hole that rip and tear your soul...

Chris Whitley... that guy was a bad ass!!!!! What a great guitar player who did his thang!....
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:15 am

share with us something that touches your soul!!!! :evil: :mrgreen:
LSDMOFRO

Return to Ecstasy of Chaos