Ferguson returnes.

Ferguson returnes.

Postby killjoker » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:29 pm

I never thought I was going to see this genius play, whatever with the mighty Joke again, but it looks like I will see him handle the sticks in London in October 2008...now, thats something to look foreward to, anybody else going to London gatherings?...sorry Benny, surely you understand the situation \:|\
" The liars are out, they have all the assets, crawling for oil, they were bleeding for gold "
killjoker

Re: Ferguson returnes.

Postby Timer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Benny's a great Killing JOke Drummer , but it is great to be able to see the original line again.
Timer

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:42 pm

BIG Paul is it! Part of the Joke!!! Great he`s back!\
\
Benny was good copying BPs stuff...but what he showed on his own (Hosannas/Hosannas Tour) was`nt THAT great.\
\
Powerfull but ordinary drumming, straight,foreward...and?\
\
Anyway..he gave his best I think...but I could never realy get to the point so many gatherers got to...by praising Ben and the Keyboarder..see, I actualy forgot his name... in the end they were playing wot they were told! Session Players. \
\
Around this time KJ was Jaz and Geordie or better other way around...\
\
NOW: It`s the original KJ! So no doubts..it will be like in the old days..either totaly fantastic or a massive dissapointement.\
\
>Quote> "Press 1980" : One can love Killing Joke or Hate them...there`s nothing in-between.\
\
Hot or cold..they still raising attention! \:)\\
\
So nothing against those people who played in KJ or helped them out over the years...it was all temporary! We`re gifted now to see" KILLING JOKE" ! As they should be!\
\
Turn to red..if you like! My point of view! \:P\
Mr.Punch

Postby anthony » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:41 am

I totally agree, Benny was good playing BPF stuffs, but i didn't find him as good playing on Hosannas, I was expecting something better from him on the album...\
Anyway i'm really pleased to know that i will see -at least- Big Paul for the first time behind the drums, and that he will play on the next Killing Joke records...
anthony

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Time to hail to the chief, innit?!\
\
BP was, what we all waited for to be there again. His thunderin`style simply was the icing on the Berlin dates/cakes...although..the man behind the desk seemed to think it`s by -all fairness- more important than the ES 295..which indeed isn`t. (But this seems to be a virus any Soundman been infected with, since the late eighties...at least over here \:roll:\ )\
\
And he semmed to enjoy every littly minute...even afterwards...can`t wait to hear him studiovise on the new album.\
\
Timewave and Fresh Fever cannot be the end of his rhythms recently, proved on the Transmission Album...imagine this new adobted gimmicks on his playing..flirting with the aggro/vomiting world we`re family with...yeah, nice thaught to me!
Mr.Punch

Return to Big Paul